FMO – your preferred partner to invest in local prosperity
At the heart of everything we do is our aim to contribute to a world in which, in 2050, more than 9 billion people live well and within the means of the planet’s resources. By reaching out to underserved markets, FMO invests in some of the world’s most challenging business environments. The countries that we work in often have a fragile private sector, little job security and high poverty rates.
Our role extends beyond financing, as we help businesses to operate and grow transparently in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. We do so by investing time, capacity and resources in further understanding how their business and industry – and thus our financing – affect the welfare of local people and the surrounding environment. We encourage the growth of responsible businesses because they can enable and catalyze social and economic change. In the long-run sustainable businesses provide higher-level jobs, income, and tax generation to strengthen local society. We believe that these elements are key to reducing poverty and inequality. With our clients serving millions of customers, their adoption of good practices can have a tremendous effect on local development, as they often serve as catalysts for other businesses to do the same.
The ICT department is responsible for all ICT activities within FMO and consists of teams each responsible for their own discipline, which varies from office automation, set up and management of the system architecture, projects and support of all the front- and back-office applications, on premise and in the cloud.
The ICT department is currently implementing ISAE 3000.
ICT infrastructure is a dynamic team of skilled and motivated professionals. We work together with a common goal of supporting FMO’s mission, vision and strategy.
We have a strong can-do mentality with a respect for individuals. Clear and concise communication is key to our success.
We are tasked with providing an infrastructure that is secure, flexible, adaptable and resilient to change and can handle the growing ambitions of FMO.
Our responsibilities include:
- The physical and virtual datacentres
- The IP network and services (wired and wireless)
- The perimeter networks
- Operating system (OS) and OS embedded applications
- SQL databases
- Oracle databases
- Office 365
- DTAP street
- Backup and DR
- Infrastructure monitoring and security
- Management of multiple external vendors
- Cloud technologies and connectivity
Our vision is to transform ourselves in brokers and orchestrator's of technology and services using our vendors and 3rd parties as instruments to achieve our goals.</p
- Assist with the planning and implementation of ICT strategies, tactics, work plans and projects.
- Contribute to the development of the vision and policies on infrastructure, systems management, communication, information security and Business Continuity.
- Support management in the evaluation of new and changing technology.
- Identify technology trends which fit our business requirements, environment and ambitions.
- Support management with recommendations for changes to IT equipment and processes.
- Assist with the planning for the effective management of information systems to meet current and future needs of FMO, supporting the immediate and long-term requirements.
- Actively participate in vendor and 3rd party management.
- Ensure the compliance of our infrastructure with the highest level of security industry standards to meet the requirements of the regulatory bodies.
- Support the delivery of ICT technology within network, communications, and hardware systems.
- Technical project management.
- Support other teams and projects to achieve FMOs goals.
- Participate in the ICT disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Participate in stand-by shifts.
- at least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- demonstrated working knowledge of (Certification is a pre):
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- Infrastructure virtualization
- Networking Fundamentals (LAN, VLAN, TCP/IP, WAN, WIFI)
- Infrastructure security
- worked under ITIL framework.
- proficient with automation and scripting (PowerShell or equivalent)
- affiliation with financial institutes.
- deliver results meeting the time, quality and cost criteria.
- analytical, well-structured and proceeds systematically
- a good listener continues asking questions and can translate the responds to concrete actions.
- security minded and always aware of security implications of their actions.
- result-oriented, punctual and customer-oriented.
- team player who can convince others of your ideas with excellent communicative skills.
- you are fluent in English (Written and spoken)