FMO commits US$16 million to the Central American Mezzanine Infrastructure Fund
NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
NOT FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
Last month, FMO committed to a US$16 million subordinated loan to the Central American Mezzanine Infrastructure Fund LP (CAMIF). CAMIF will provide mezzanine lending mainly to private infrastructure projects in Belize, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama, as well as Mexico and Colombia.
The first closing took place in spite of particularly challenging market conditions. While total approvals from FMO and other institutional investors exceeded US$155 million, the Fund activated US$82.5 million in this closing in accordance with its tranched capital structure of senior debt, subordinated debt, and equity. The Fund’s focus on mezzanine financing, a relatively new instrument in Central America, consisting of a subordinated loan with equity features, is expected to have a catalytic effect in attracting capital to the region.
Mr. Jurgen Rigterink, FMO’s Chief Investment Officer and Member of the Managing Board of FMO is very pleased with the successful launch of CAMIF. He stated: “CAMIF is an excellent and opportune mezzanine fund, with esteemed investors and a professional fund manager. It also fits well within FMO’s strategic focus on the energy-sector and related infrastructural investments and embedded approach to mezzanine instruments. We look forward to working with CAMIF.”
The Fund will be managed by EMP Latin America (EMPLA), which is a joint venture between EMP Global LLC and the senior members of its Latin American team. EMP Global is a leading private equity fund manager focused on emerging markets. EMPLA is also the Principal Adviser to the US$1.0 billion AIG-GE Capital Latin American Infrastructure Fund LP, the largest private equity fund focusing exclusively on infrastructure in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Netherlands Development Finance Company (FMO) is the international development bank of the Netherlands. FMO invests risk capital in companies and financial institutions in developing countries. With an investment portfolio of € 3.4 billion, FMO is one of the largest bilateral development banks worldwide. Thanks in part to its relationship with the Dutch government, FMO is able to take risks which commercial financiers are not - or not yet - prepared to take. FMO's mission: to create flourishing enterprises, which can serve as engines of sustainable growth in their countries.
Nicoline van Slingelandt
Communications Officer (PR)
T: +31 70 314 9790
M: +31 622 563 047
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS NOT FOR PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION INTO THE UNITED STATES. THE MATERIAL SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS NOT INTENDED, AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED, AS AN OFFER OF SECURITIES (INCLUDING EQUITY AND DEBT SECURITIES) FOR SALE OR ISSUANCE INTO THE UNITED STATES. THE SECURITIES ISSUED BY THE FUND DESCRIBED HEREIN HAVE NOT BEEN AND WILL NOT BE REGISTERED UNDER THE U.S. SECURITIES ACT OF 1933, AS AMENDED (THE “SECURITIES ACT”), OR THE LAWS OF ANY STATE, AND MAY NOT BE ISSUED, OFFERED OR SOLD WITHIN THE UNITED STATES, EXCEPT PURSUANT TO AN EXEMPTION FROM, OR IN A TRANSACTION NOT SUBJECT TO, THE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS OF THE SECURITIES ACT AND APPLICABLE STATE LAWS. THERE IS NO INTENTION TO REGISTER ANY PORTION OF THE ISSUANCE OF SECURITIES IN THE UNITED STATES OR TO CONDUCT A PUBLIC SALE OR ISSUANCE OF SECURITIES IN THE UNITED STATES.
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFER TO ISSUE, SELL OR THE SOLICITATION OF AN OFFER TO BUY, NOR SHALL THERE BE ANY ISSUANCE OR SALE OF THE SECURITIES REFERRED TO HEREIN, IN ANY JURISDICTION IN WHICH SUCH OFFER, ISSUANCE, SOLICITATION OR SALE WOULD BE UNLAWFUL PRIOR TO REGISTRATION, EXEMPTION FROM REGISTRATION OR QUALIFICATION UNDER THE SECURITIES LAW OF ANY SUCH JURISDICTION.
- 24 December 14:49 - FMO signs USD15 million term facility with GTBank to boost export businesses in Ghana USD
- 23 December 11:31 - FMO commits USD 25m to Khan Bank, Mongolia's largest bank
- 23 December 10:29 - FMO signs deal for first transaction in Kyrgyzstan
- 17 December 16:58 - FMO’s EUR 10m loan to Pan-African banking group to boost expansion in LICs
- 17 December 13:55 - Jardine Matheson Group Acquires 12.25% Stake in ACLEDA Bank Plc
- 15 December 17:25 - FMO issues a 4 year bond
- 13 December 23:26 - FMO commits EUR 10m to Asian renewable energy fund
- 08 December 16:51 - Dutch Development Bank FMO funds E+Co clean energy development
- 03 December 17:41 - Development Finance Institutions endorse ILPA Private Equity Principles
- 19 November 15:55 - FMO's Asset & Liability Management competition 2009; The Finalists
- 13 November 16:44 - Africa: the Growth Continent for Private Equity
- 04 November 14:42 - Another CSR award for FMO funded Kenmare Moma Mining
- 29 October 09:43 - FMO and Houses for Africa bring together affordable housing sector delegates in Zambia
- 22 October 11:06 - FMO lead arranger for USD 70m financing for India’s Srei Infrastructure Finance Ltd.
- 06 October 17:22 - International Finance Institutions sign Agreement to facilitate cooperation.
- 01 October 09:56 - FMO funded Mozambican mining project wins CSR award
- 24 September 08:39 - FMO enables Alios Finance Group to expand to Zambia
- 21 September 09:19 - FMO releases restyled Upsides Magazine
- 15 September 10:37 - Additional funding for smaller microfinance institutions
- 14 September 10:10 - Semi-annual results Development bank FMO: growth in a challenging environment
- 20 August 09:29 - Capital base of Argentinean Banco Supervielle strengthened in order to support its growth
- 04 August 11:53 - Entrepreneurial award for Dutch students enters final stage
- 21 July 10:51 - FMO continues involvement in Belize Natural Energy/CHx
- 16 July 08:43 - FMO co-funded initiative enables growth of micro finance sector
- 16 July 08:33 - Strengthening Ghanaian access to mobile telecommunications
- 14 July 11:27 - Increased Haitian access to energy facilitated by FMO
- 07 July 15:48 - Joint financing package boosts lending to businesses in Azerbaijan
- 25 June 15:53 - US$ 10 million to improve access to financial services in Zambia
- 22 June 08:49 - FMO backed report gives insight in Latin American PE/VC market
- 16 June 10:34 - FMO participates in world’s first micro-insurance fund
- 11 June 16:29 - Kleiterp: Local banks should fill the finance gap
- 28 May 11:43 - Access to reliable source of energy for Rwandan households
- 15 May 14:31 - Minister Koenders highlights importance of optimism in cover story new UPsides
- 14 May 18:00 - Bert Bruggink new Supervisory Board member FMO
- 13 May 12:32 - FMO releases Annual Report 2008
- 07 May 13:47 - FMO, DEG and ING Bank N.V. sign long-term facility agreement for Indonesian petroleum storage terminal
- 07 May 10:29 - European Development Finance Institutions (EDFI) sign principles on responsible financing
- 28 April 13:37 - Entrepreneurial award for Dutch students 2009 open for registration
- 15 April 08:28 - Georgia’s TBC bank gets international support
- 07 April 14:27 - FMO client Equity Bank Kenya launches banking operations in Uganda
- 01 April 09:27 - Development bank FMO realizes €48 million profit in 2008
- 24 March 13:51 - FMO led syndicate to provide ECB of US$100 million to Srei
- 06 March 12:54 - FMO supports Mongolian client XacBank in housing and energy scheme
- 02 March 10:40 - FMO co-invests again in Aldwych, a power company active in sub-Saharan Africa
- 17 February 15:01 - FMO grants Nigerian bank 25mln loan for affordable housing
- 06 February 17:11 - FMO and Day for Change jointly enhance access to microfinance
- 06 February 16:21 - Creating affordable housing solutions in Vietnam
- 03 February 14:57 - FMO commits US$16 million to the Central American Mezzanine Infrastructure Fund
- 03 February 09:31 - FMO closes mezzanine transaction with Indian partner
- 23 January 15:04 - Sri Lanka's Lanka Orix Leasing Company wins FMO's Asset and Liability Management competition
- 21 January 10:57 - FMO and dfcu Bank sign 7M Euro loan facility to support SMEs in Uganda
- 09 January 11:51 - FMO invests in housing solutions for Ghanaians
- 08 January 17:02 - FMO's ALM competition final held next week in The Hague