FMO is currently setting up the Data Management and Analytics team to further professionalize and strengthen our Strategic Data and Information Management capabilities and holistically organize, structure and improve Data and Information Management within FMO: from Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Architecture to Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics.
Data Management and Analytics team is part of Directorate Finance, Impact and Data. The team is young, ambitious and energetic.
Quality data and information are key to FMO for reasons of decision making, analysis, compliance, growth and efficiency and foremost enabling FMO to increase and measure our development impact.
The Data Management and Analytics team is expected to play a key role in managing FMO data as a business asset, achieving a consistent and uniform view of information based on quality data and delivering actionable insights that enable decision making.
- Communicate and engage with business users to develop a strong understanding of FMO business at a level of detail that enables you to identify and address their data and information needs
- Determine optimum Business Intelligence solutions to meet requirements
- Data analysis
- Synthesize complex information into concise, readable written requirements at multiple levels of detail
- Design and implementation of physical data models
- Configuration of Data warehouse
- Design and create data visualization solutions
- Coach and train the user community in the use of the Business Intelligence solutions to enhance business decision-making capability
- Work in a multidisciplinary team to analyze requirements, identify data dependencies and relationships to develop physical data models and data visualization solutions. The team is responsible for end-to-end delivery of an Information product (Business Intelligence artifact)
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practices and latest trends in Business Intelligence and Analytics and use them in FMO
- You will be given the right amount of responsibility and you will take ownership of your work. This will provide you with a unique chance to develop yourself rapidly. With good performance there are plenty of opportunities.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s/ Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g. Information Management, Economics, Econometrics, Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science)
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in Business Intelligence related roles
- Experience in financial services sector is an advantage
Your competencies and skills:
- Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence concepts and techniques
- Knowledge of different data modeling techniques (e.g. relational, dimensional, Data Vault)
- Knowledge of Data warehouse techniques; knowledge of Data warehouse automation tools is an advantage
- Very good SQL knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to communicate/explain Business Intelligence and Data warehousing concepts in a simple language
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ambitious, adaptable to changing priorities and eager to learn new skills
- Results oriented
- Very good English language skills both written and verbal
Please note, if we make you an offer to join FMO, you will need to work through the screening process with our screening partner. The process is designed to check your integrity and reliability.
FMO – your preferred partner to invest in local prosperity
At the heart of everything we do is our aim to contribute to a world in which, in 2050, more than 9 billion people live well and within the means of the planet’s resources. By reaching out to underserved markets, FMO invests in some of the world’s most challenging business environments. The countries that we work in often have a fragile private sector, little job security and high poverty rates.