Fund Emerging Markets for Dutch enterprises
With the Fund Emerging Markets (FOM - 'Fonds Opkomende Markten'), FMO stimulates Dutch enterprises to invest in emerging markets and developing countries. FOM is a joint initiative of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Trade and Development Corporation and FMO.
Supporting Dutch companies
FOM provides medium- and long-term loans to companies or joint ventures in emerging markets that are majority owned or controlled by Dutch enterprises.
In many cases, no appropriate commercial financing is available to these joint ventures and subsidiaries for the construction or expansion of a production plant or to buy new equipment. Also, tenors are often too short or require excessive security.
We offer these joint ventures and subsidiaries the opportunity to strengthen their financial structure, by providing often unsecured or subordinated loans. As a result companies are placed in a better position to attract working capital from local banks.
FOM for Emerging Markets
- Open for investments in BRIC countries, Turkey, Ukraine, Serbia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Panama and South-Africa.
- Applicable for companies with a Dutch interest of at least 51% and a consolidated group turn-over as of approximately EUR 15 million.
- FOM finances between a minimum of EUR 500,000 and a maximum of EUR 10 million. Annually EUR 35 million is available and maturity of FOM funding runs from 3 years up to 12 years.
Sectors are primarily agriculture and horticulture, transport, logistics, agro-processing and manufacturing. Real estate and financial sector are excluded.
FOM for developing countries
- Open for 60 developing countries that fall within the Private Sector Investment Programme of the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Development Corporation (for more info Agentschap NL )
- Companies need to have a consolidated group turn-over as of approximately EUR 10 million and a Dutch interest of at least 35%. Dutch entrepreneurs without a Dutch holding and foreign private sector companies with a long-term trade relationship with a Dutch company can also apply, as well as companies that have successfully used the Private Sector Investment (PSI) program of the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Development Corporation.
- FOM finances between a minimum of EUR 1,000,000 and a maximum of EUR 5 million. Annually EUR 10 million is available and maturity of FOM finance is from 3 years to 12 years.
- Preference for companies in food production and safe drinking water.
All companies applying for FOM finance need to comply with the OECD guidelines for responsible business practice and sustainable development criteria.